Tuesday, May 28, 2013

More Photography!

I'm gradually learning better techniques for taking pictures of my items and I'm trying to listen (and retain!) when someone suggests something.
So, using a piece of leftover granite from our recent house build, I decided to switch up the background, since I'd previously been using a wood piece.

Anyway, so, here are a few of my original pics with the new improved, taken in natural light, versions alongside.. I also added in an additional photo in Etsy with a reference item, a suggestion from a friend of mine and I think it was a good one!

Blue bubble pendant (old - left, new - right)
Gold leaf pendant (old - left, new - right)
Also, here's a tip for anyone out there looking for background options for small item pictures - home improvement stores sometimes have free samples of hardwood and laminate flooring. They're great for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment