Saturday, December 1, 2012

Craft Fair Recap

So, my friend and I did our first craft fair today. We had some sales, which was good, but the fair itself wasn't well attended. I think there is such a thing as craft fair saturation in Dec and there are too many fairs and too few people!
But, like I said, I sold a few pieces and was happy to get off the mark! I have officially covered all my firing and material costs (probably since I started) and have a bunch more stuff that I can now sell via etsy, or another craft fair if we decide to do another.
I have also got some money to put towards my own kiln, which I am thrilled about. It doesn't bother me to pay to use one at all, I like the social aspect of going to the store, but I would like to reduce my firing cost a little, especially if I do decide to do another fair.
But yay! I'm officially a business. I have officially made some money for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment