Saturday, February 16, 2013

Latest Door Progress

I've been working on the piece for 3 days this week, but kept forgetting my camera, so, you're only getting pics today!
First news - I finally finished foiling and grinding. That's a huge relief! Here is the pic of the foiled piece. The tape and pins you see are to keep the 'strong line' reinforcement in place and also to keep things in place, since the strong line tends to act like a spring.
Foiling complete!

The next pic is after today's soldering! I've secured most of the piece now, but, especially the areas with the strong line, so, I was able to remove the tape and pins. Just soldering to finish (both sides), putting on a zinc frame and patina and then decide whether to sandwich it permanently between two panes with silicone, or to just butt it and silcone up next... We will see on that front.
Start of soldering!

No comments:

Post a Comment