Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Soldering (Almost) Finished!

It actually stands up under its own weight now...

Today I finished off the last piece of soldering. I will still need to remove a couple of mushrooms (where the solder bleeds out of the other side of the piece) and get rid of the little spikes that you sometimes get.
So, all I need to do is finish that last bit, frame it in zinc and patina, then it's ready for sandwiching!
The glass will need to be sandwiched in tempered glass because it's going in a door and that's what building codes require, but, other than that, it's really close to going in!
After this piece, I have two more to do, since I also need to do the sidelights, but, I promise I won't bore everyone to quite the extent I did with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment