Thursday, April 25, 2013

Photography!

Trimmed image

I am not much of a photographer. There, I said it. I am one of those people that can read the 'technical' details of how to take photos, but for some reason I always forget them and unless I have the instructions right next to me, I just won't be able to execute.
I do have a great camera though, a Canon Rebel T2i. It takes lovely pictures and I know it's capable of far more than I use it for.
Since I've launched the Etsy store, I'm on the lookout for tips to take great pictures without having to remember the technical stuff. I found this article on Handmadeology and it explains, with pictures (always good) how to take better, 'studio quality' pictures of items you want to sell on Etsy or other online sites.
So, I figured I would give it a go!
Here is my pic, untrimmed. I had to improvise and use one of my 6 yr old's games as a reflector and learned my items need to be propped up a little. I used a cabochon that hasn't yet had a bail attached to it.
Cabochon - lit with 'tin' foil
I'm not sure if it looks better or not. I do love how you can really see the detail of the glass, without as much of a reflection as glass normally produces, both with a flash and in natural sunlight. But, always good to learn a new trick, yes?


No comments:

Post a Comment