Tuesday, April 16, 2013

New Baby!

New kiln!

Well, not literally, but kind of.
Last weekend I drove up to Denver to pick up a used kiln I found on Craigslist - a lady was selling her glass art supplies. I decided to buy it and got it for about half the price of a new one. The kiln was in excellent condition, as the lady had only purchased it to do test-firing, unlike me, who will use it to actually make stock. It's a little kiln, but for the volume I produce it'll be great! Another bonus is that it's the exact same model I currently use at the glass shop in town, so I already know how to work it!
There is always the concern when buying off Craigslist, or any kind of used kiln, that it's been overfired and won't work, but that doesn't seem to be a problem here - yay!
She also gave me a tub of kiln wash, which has worked a treat so far, and some spare glass she had, which is always nice, since glass is expensive!

Loaded up with a few things to fire!
So, I'm now in business - I no longer need to fire at the glass shop, although I need a grinder now to complete my little setup!

1 comment:

  1. The kiln looks wonderful! I'm jealous! Your pendants are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete